Pursuant to Executive Order No. 16, Series of 2010, the Chairman of the CADAC, Mayor Sara Z. Duterte, reconstituted the CADAC, in compliance with DILG Memorandum Circular No. 98-227 which mandated the creation of the CADACs at all levels of local government units and provided for its duties and functions.
Section 2 of Republic Act No. 9165, otherwise known as the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002 has declared its policy requiring the government to pursue an intensive and unrelenting campaign against trafficking and use of dangerous drugs and other similar substances.
Section 36 (d) of said Act, mandates random drug testing of officers and employees of public and private offices, whether domestic or overseas, for the purpose of reducing risk in the workplace.
Section 47 further require companies with ten (10) or more employees adopt a drug-abuse prevention program to promote drug free workplaces in the private sector.
The project is aimed on providing the City Drug Abuse Council the needed tool in coming up with concrete plans for implementation and at the same time strengthen the campaign of the City government to curb out drug abuse and to maintain the overwhelming trust reposed to the city mayor.
A community-Based Outpatient and aftercare Program that envisions to provide quality, holistic services towards right living among persons with drug problem and their families in Davao City
We commit ourselves to continue provide treatment and rehabilitation process with dignity and respect to persons with drug problem and their families through a multi-sectoral team approach.
To recognize the importance of people empowerment and effective collaboration with stakeholders in its commitment to lead in the prevention and eradication of drug abuse in Davao City.
To advocate for policy and action to educate and enable Davao’s youth to reject illegal drugs as well as alcohol and tobacco and to select & implement evidences base on policies and programs to decrease substance use and provide leadership, direction and support to groups working towards communities.
OUR GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
The focus is for person with drug problem and their family to achieve a “holistic recovery” and provide support and guidance to prevent recurrence of drug abuse.
Information Dessimination campaign of ordinance No.0506-13, Series of 2013 (An Ordinance Mandating Random Drug Testing in all Establishments in Davao City Employing Ten (10) or more Employees and Establishing the same as a Requirement in the Acquisition and Renewal of Business Permits.
- To create a facility that would allow the public to have access to the Mayor or to a reliable custodian of information to whom information can be reported in confidence without fear of reprisal from those involved in illegal drugs.
- To create an entity that can take hold of the opportunity created by
- To provide a program for persons with drug problem towards smooth reintegration and independent functioning within their families and communities.
- Specifically, to counsel persons with drug problem to cope and manage their cravings for prohibited drugs; to teach and instruct them in prevention or management of relapse; to provide services designed to increase self-reliance and integration into society through educational, vocational, and social programs; and to develop skills training for them to deal with high risk factors in coordination with the Department of Health and other partner agencies.
- To comply the information and education component of Section 14 of Ordinance No. 050613; to inform and educate the affected business sector of the above-cited ordinance and the date of its affectivity for compliance; to enable the affected business establishments make a plan of action/activities to implement compliance of said ordinance in their respective workplace; to create and sustain a healthy and good working condition at the workplace for employees and management in Davao City; to sustain a productive work force by preventing the proliferation of dangerous drugs in Davao City.
The CADAC, as a specially created office, is an adequate facility to take the lead in the prevention and control of drug abuse in the city and suburbs. It serves as a repository of statistical data, information and reports on drug users, abusers and pusher coming from the law enforcement units, the barangays, other LGUs and NGOs. Its operational capability must be manifested and felt before, during and after the occurrence of the drug menace.
WHO WE ARE
The CADAC has indicated that community involvement, timely acquisition of information, increasing awareness through education campaign and team coordination among the various government agencies in the implementation of programs are key factors in crime prevention and prosecution and needs further enhancement in the campaign against prohibited drugs.
As such, it is imperative that the CADAC must be necessarily equipped with communication equipment, a multi-media equipment to keep in pace with the new method of imparting ideas, printer, educational/informational materials, posters, billboards for the educational and awareness campaign in far-flung areas and an office space, facilities and equipment for the orderly service to all clients.
WHAT WE DO
1.) To create a facility that would allow the public to have access to the Mayor or to a reliable custodian of information to whom information can be reported in confidence without fear of reprisal from those illegally involvement in illegal drugs.
2.) To create an entity that can take hold of the opportunity created by the overwhelming public approval of Mayor Sara Duterte’s thrust against illegal drugs and undertake programs in all fronts that could translate the on-going information campaign into a positive public participation in the procurement of information against illegal drugs activity in their immediate community.
3.) To create the mechanism that would coordinate with the various agencies involved for appropriate action on the information obtained and monitor the actions taken in connection with the information provided by the council CADACs coordinating and action center;
4.) To create a database for all information received and action taken for accountability and reference of the CADAC and the Office of the Mayor.
5.) To create database for all information received and action taken for accountability and reference of the CADAC and the Office of the Mayor.
6.) To assist the BADACs in organizing and strengthening their Youth Anti-Drug Abuse Committees.
7.) To elicit and sustain community support, coordination and cooperation and assist in the treatment and rehabilitation of drug dependents.
8.) To assist social welfare institutions concerned in the follow-up and after care of drug clients released from treatment and rehabilitations center.
9.) To create a coordinating and action center to received and monitor confidential reports about illegal drug transactions for necessary apprehension and incarceration.
10.) To be able to establish and maintain a data bank and update records by sustaining close linkages with non-government agencies.
11.) To coordinate with the Dangerous Drugs Board, Manila, in the implementation and evaluation of drug abuse.
12.) To motivate all beneficiaries to participate in the nationwide celebration of Drug Abuse Prevention and Control Week on the 3rd week of November every year.